Task 4 – Puppet Build

In this task, I am to build a version of one of Sophie Taeuber-arp's DADA dolls. I will produce a production log throughout the process.

I choose this image as a starting point for my doll;


Production Log,


I started out by creating a UV Sphere.


I then added an edge loop and scaled it down to make the hat on the dolls head.




Next I spawned a cone and placed it into the middle of the head on the top. I also used a boolean modifier to delete


I then created a cylinder and placed at the bottom middle of the head for the neck.


I spawned another cone for the top layer of the body.


I used the boolean modifier on the cone and the following layers to delete the unneeded geometry.


I duplicated the cone and rotated the cone 180° along the Z axis. I scaled it up in size as well.


I did the same for the next two layers.


I created a cylinder and merged the bottom vertices together to make a point. I then duplicated it to make the legs for the puppet.


I duplicated the legs and place them in the arm position. This is the end of my puppet build.